Beginning April 1, 2019, United Electric Cooperative pays rebates towards the following energy-efficient appliances and heat pumps.
ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS (for new or replacement unit)
Limit one (1) per member address
ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS
For electric water heaters that meet DOE standards at the time of manufacture. For new construction, the rebate applies to the replacement of an existing electric heater that is less than 0.90 efficiency or the replacement of a gas water heater. Limit two (2) per member address.
HEAT PUMP WATER HEATERS
The energy efficiency rating must meet ENERGY STAR® standards. For new construction, the rebate applies to the replacement of an existing electric heater that is less than 0.90 efficiency or the replacement of a gas water heater. Limit two (2) per member address.
Must be an ENERGY STAR® rated thermostat. Can be used with any type of heating and cooling system. Limit of up to two per member address. For new construction or the replacement of an existing non-ENERGY STAR® thermostat.
GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMPS
ENERGY STAR® Plus 2 rated at 19.1 SEER. New home or building construction
• On new home or building construction
• Replacement of electric resistance heat
• Replacement of existing natural gas or propane heating system
• Replacement of an existing central air conditioner or dual fuel heat pump
• Electric or fossil fuel backup heat will be allowed for ground source heat pumps. AECI will match dollars 2 for 1 for new loop and indoor unit systems. The total maximum amount is
- $750 per ton.
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for cooperative members who are installing insulation in conjunction with the installation of a new ground source heat pump.
- Up to $500
Air Source & Mini Split Heat Pumps
ENERGY STAR® Plus 2 rated at 17.0 SEER. New home or building construction
• Replacement of existing electric resistance heat/ central air conditioning/air source heat pump
• Heat pumps with electric resistant heat for backup are eligible for this rebate
$150 per ton
Click Here for Mini Split Rebate Form
Click Here for Air Source Rebate Form
VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVES FOR H.V.A.C. PUMPS/FANS
This program is offered year-round and is designed to increase the purchase and installation of new, variable-frequency drives for HVAC systems.
- $50 per brake horsepower (BHP) of motor driven by VFD
Click here for a Frequency Drive Rebate Form
ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION
Must be a level two charging station.
- Up to $250
Click here for an Electric Vehicle Charging State Rebate Form
HOME ENERGY AUDITS
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for distribution cooperatives.
- Up to $750
Click Here for a Home Energy Audit Form
BUSINESS & SCHOOL LIGHTING PROGRAM
This program is for C&I, schools, and agricultural facilities that want to install high-efficiency lighting. Incentives for C&I, school & agriculture facilities
Click Here for a Business & School Lighting Rebate Form