Beginning April 1, 2019 United Electric Cooperative pays rebates towards the following energy efficient appliances and heat pumps.
ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS (for new or replacement unit)
Limit one (1) per member address
ELECTRIC WATER HEATERS
For electric water heaters that meet DOE standards at time of manufacture. For new construction, the rebate applies to the replacement of an existing electric heater that is less than 0.90 efficiency or the replacement of a gas water heater. Limit two (2) per member address
HEAT PUMP WATER HEATERS
The energy efficiency rating must meet ENERGY STAR® standards. For new construction, the rebate applies to the replacement of an existing electric heater that is less than 0.90 efficiency or the replacement of a gas water heater. Limit two (2) per member address.
Must be an ENERGY STAR® rated thermostat. Can be used with any type of heating and cooling system. Limit of up to two per member address. For new construction or the replacement of an existing non ENERGY STAR® thermostat.
PROGRAMMABLE TIMER FOR ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
Utilize a programmable timer with the use of an engine block heater.
GROUND SOURCE HEAT PUMPS
ENERGY STAR® Plus 2 rated at 19.1 SEER. New home or building construction
• On new home or building construction
• Replacement of electric resistance heat
• Replacement of existing natural gas or propane heating system
• Replacement of an existing central air conditioner or dual fuel heat pump
• Electric or fossil fuel backup heat will be allowed for ground source heat pumps. AECI will match dollars 2 for 1 for new loop and indoor unit systems. The total maximum amount is $750 per ton.
For the replacement of the indoor ground source heat pump unit only – no match required
$150 per ton
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for cooperative members who are installing insulation in conjunction with the installation of a new ground source heat pump.
Up to $500
DUAL FUEL & MINI-SPLIT HEAT PUMPS
ENERGY STAR® Plus 2 rated at 17.0 SEER. New home or building construction
• Replacement of existing electric resistance heat/ central air conditioning/air source heat pump
• Heat pumps with electric resistant heat for back-up are not eligible for this rebate=
• The dual fuel heat pump must have an automatic thermostat control and have back-up unit of natural gas, propane or fuel oil as supplemental heating system.
$150 per ton
HOME ENERGY AUDITS
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for distribution cooperatives.
Up to $100
BUSINESS & SCHOOL LIGHTING PROGRAM
This program is for C&I, schools and agricultural facilities that want to install high-efficiency lighting. Incentives for C&I, school & agriculture facilities
Please visit our website at www.ueci.coop or give us a call at 800-748-1488 for more information on the rebates.
Basement/Crawlspace Rebate Form
Dual Fuel & Mini Split Heat Pump Rebate Form
Residential Energy Audit Form
Room Air Conditioner Rebate Form
Water Heater-Room Air Conditioner Rebate Form
Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate Form
Water Heater Rebate Form